Looking for a Summer Job opportunity to gain meaningful experience in an open and dynamic financial technology (fintech) startup while working in an environment with great culture and great people? You’ve found it at FundMore.ai - where we are committed to disrupting the lending industry. We believe that the process of borrowing and lending money is outdated and a source of frustration for all the parties involved. This is why we are working with Canadian lenders, large and small, to change the lending process for good. FundMore.ai was recently recognized with the “Fintech Innovator of the Year” award.
You will find the chance to gain experience while we work with lending institutions all across Canada. This internship/co-op will provide you;
- Experience working in a high-velocity, growing fintech startup.
- Opportunity to be one of the brains behind crafting, developing, testing, going live and maintaining the system.
Learn and experiment with the latest technologies.
- Opportunity to make a difference in the product as we release newer versions and launch it to more clients.
- The opportunity to learn more about the mechanics of mortgage lending.
- A chance to work with a young, dedicated, and fun team.
- Flexible hours
You must be passionate in understanding the business context for features built to drive better customer experience and adoption.
- Be familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from analysis to deployment.
- Comply with coding standards and technical design.
- Believe in a systematic approach to developing systems through clear documentation (flowcharts, layouts, & etc) of functionality, addressing every use case through creative solutions.
- Adapt structured coding styles for easy review, testing and maintainability of the code.
- Integrate the developed functionality and/or component into a fully functional system.
- Ensure unit and integration level verification plans are in place and adheres to great quality of code at all times.
- Active participation in troubleshooting, debugging and updating current live systems.
- Verify user feedback in making the system more stable and easy.
- Work closely with analysts, designers and other peer developers.
Technical stacks you will have the chance to work with:
- Nodejs, Express
- Angular, Storybook
- Serverless (Lambdas)
- AWS (SQS, SNS, RDS, Comprehend, Textract, S3)
- Keras, Tensorflow
- GitHub, Asana
What you’ll do:
- You will work with our experience team to develop, test and optimize Fundmore’s core platform
- You will work on features vertically, from front-end (HTML/CSS/JS/Angular) to the back-end (Nodejs/Express) and to the infrastructure (Serverless Framework/AWS/CloudFormation)
- You will write unit tests and keep a high standard of code quality
- Responsible to optimizing existing systems and come up with ideas
- Will be required to work within a collaborative, cross functional environment with designers developers, and business stakeholders
Other job attributes:
- Understanding of OOPS concepts, Persistence, Threading.
- Proficient in one or more of the technologies mentioned above.
- Hands-on with SQL database.
- Competent with developing modern and distributed web applications.
- Knowledgeable in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with open-source projects.
- Experience in designing interactive applications.
- A background in Engineering with sound oral and written communication skills.
- Partial degree or experience in computer science/software engineer or developer or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP will be a plus.
- You must meet all eligibility grant criteria on the first day of employment to be eligible for this position:
- Be between ages 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and must intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. Preference will be given to those students studying in a related field.
- International students are not eligible
(The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs. This job is advertised in accordance with the requirements for it for 2021.